Hop aboard your boat and cruise the orange coloured waters of the Mekong River. The Pak Ou Caves or known locally as Tham Thing, sit at the confluence of the Mekong and Nam Ou Rivers. As you pass along the river you will see daily life. Then make a short stop to a local village to see weaving on ancient wooden looms.
The Pak Ou Caves consist of two limestone caves that have become shrines to devotees of Buddhism. For hundreds of years, followers have come to the caves to pray and make merit, by leaving behind a statue of Buddha. Nowadays, the caves are jammed packed with statues big and small with more and more being added each year.
Take a short walk from the caves to a nearby village where you will have lunch, before cruising downstream back to Luang Prabang early afternoon.
Tour price in USD:
- English speaking throughout the tours
- 1 lunch
- Other activities as mentioned above itinerary
- All entrance fee
- Water and wet tissue during the tours
- Service charged & Government tax
- Please make sure you have 6 months passport validity. We can help for visa on arrival if request.
- VISA stamp fee at the arrival airport
- Early/late check in/out service at hotels (surcharge if request)
- Tips and gratuities
- Services and Meals and Drinks other not mentioned in itinerary
- Laundry, telephone calls and expenditure of a personal nature
- Travel Insurance (Compulsory)